The Internet has the capacity to level the playing field between small and big business regarding capturing market share. Search marketing – SEO, PPC and viral marketing is the most effective and most inexpensive way of driving visitors to a web site. Any type of business with a website can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Optimization. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine marketing in 2006. This represented a 62% increase within the prior year and an 750% increase from 2002. The explanation for this growth has to do with the explosive expansion of the Internet worldwide – a trend which has impacted every industry in each and every developed country, producing vast amounts of dollars in revenue for companies with a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Optimization to increase Internet Site Traffic. Search engine optimization (SEM) identifies listings and links to internet sites which can be produced on the pages of an internet search engine directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) each time a keyword search phrase or phrase is entered. There are two varieties of results which can be produced. Listings at the top and/or right column are sponsored results from advertisers who pay every time someone clicks on their ad and visits their web site. This is called pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The biggest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The next type of search engine rankings are the free organic listings which are produced due to content and code on the internet site that match criteria determined by the major search engines- essentially the search engines search for keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, back links and traffic flow. The process of getting webpages to fit these criteria is called seo or SEO. The closer the web page matches the search engine’s criteria, the higher the ranking order for the internet site. If a website will not be found on the first or second page of search engine rankings, it is actually unlikely to be found and result in traffic. Any number of pages on a website could be optimized and located through the search engines. There are hundreds to a large number of search engines like google. Nearly all searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and often do change as time passes. This is why it is an ongoing process to accomplish and sustain a great page rank with SEO. When SEO incorporates a presence in forums, blogs, social networking sites, and multimedia directories, the end result is viral marketing – here is where traffic and results get very exciting!
Ideal Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – A great SEO program will never just create a high page ranking for keywords, it will drive traffic coming from a particular target audience to internet site pages from a variety of sources. These might include links from relevant internet sites valued by the major search engines, forums, blogs, social networking sites, multimedia directories and internet based pr releases. The sum total of all of this marketing generates a viral effect causing high search engine results and explosive internet site traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Keyword research and analysis to find out keywords which are searched in significant numbers and highly relevant to the internet site’s target audience.
2. Incorporating an XML site map so that search engines can crawl the web site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich webpages for the existing internet site according to targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for every single page of the web site to make every page online search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the web site to niche directories to have valuable one way links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles focused on targeted keywords.
7. Creating a blog for your internet site and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engines.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines as well as other informative sites to have one way links together with relevant traffic for the web site.
9. Exchanging links with other relevant internet sites to boost back-links for your web site.
10. Engaging in niche Blogs & Forums to have quality backlinks and traffic.
11. Making a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Making a presence in Social networks.
13. Participating in Video Sharing using video that showcases the internet site’s mission, purpose, brand and unique selling position.
14. Feed creation and submission to various RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in every content developed for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications based on traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes webpages will produce limited results. We have personally seen companies charge a lot of money and stuff keywords into pages that no human being would read. They could get attention orgnls search engines like google but men and women will be off that site in a heartbeat. In essence effective marketing copy in everything that is produced for the project.
Most SEO companies tend not to include many of these viral marketing concepts in their program. By using this set of criteria when shopping around for an organization to accomplish your SEO will assist you to make the most value for the money you would spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing can be your most productive marketing investment.